I do enjoy the Thacher Park Nature Show, it’s a nice little art exhibit that features’ artist’s takes on nature and our environment. I’ve seen beautiful paintings, photographs, sculptures, carvings, you name it. It just totally impresses.
And if you enjoy nature and creating something from it, I wholeheartedly encourage you to participate in this show. So long as your artwork does not include buildings or people in it, it should be eligible.
I’m listing the prospectus and application below in this blog. Come on, we’ve all done something during the pandemic to keep ourselves from going bonkers, now’s the time to show it all off. Amirite?
18th Annual Nature Art Show at
Thacher Nature Center
Saturday, March 6 – Wednesday, March 24, 2021
The Nature Art Show is an annual exhibit for local artists to showcase their work. Original works of nature-based subjects, excluding people and buildings, are selected that demonstrate the following:
- Aesthetic qualities, including composition
- A broad representation of artistry with consideration of: unique viewpoint, technique, or medium
Submission Deadline: Saturday, February 6, 2021
- Maximum of 4 pieces may be submitted for consideration.
- Photographs of each piece should be emailed with completed application form to: Laurel.Tormey-Cole@parks.ny.gov.
- A maximum of 3 pieces from each artist may be selected.
- Each piece of artwork must be labelled, framed or mounted in a professional manner, and ready to be hung (necessary hooks/wires).
Notification: Artists will receive email notification of acceptance or rejection by February 11.
Fee: $15.00 entry fee per person will be collected when work is dropped off. Make checks payable to: Natural Heritage Trust (NHT).
Drop Off Dates:
- All accepted artwork must be dropped off at Thacher Nature Center between Tuesday, February 23rd and Sunday, February 28th, 9am – 4pm. Please note: the center is closed Mondays.
Pick Up Dates:
- All artwork must be picked up by the artist between Thursday, March 25th thru Sunday, March 28th.
- If you are not able to pick up your work on these days, please make arrangements with a friend or associate to pick up your work for you. Notify staff of these arrangements in advance, as no work will be released to alternates without prior notice.
- In lieu of an Artists Reception, due to COVID-19, the nature center will produce a booklet w/a short bio of each artist. These will be distributed to all visitors and art exhibit patrons.
Questions or Additional Information:
Thacher Nature Art Exhibit Submission Form
Medium & Title:
- Please use the following in the Subject line of your email:
Thacher Art Exhibit – First & Last Name
- Include photos of each submission to be considered with a maximum of 4.
- If any piece of art is oversized, ie: more than 24”, either direction, please provide the dimensions for the piece.
For the Nature Art Show Artists Booklet:
- Please include a brief biography about yourself, your work, your chosen medium.
- Please limit this bio. sketch to a maximum of six lines in a small font, ie: Tahoma 9
Email application form to:
If you have any questions, please feel free to call: 518-872-0800.
If you wish to mail your completed application, please send it to:
Thacher Nature Center
87 Nature Center Way
Voorheesville, NY 12186
Attn: Laurel Tormey Cole