So I’m sure you have some questions regarding this regular feature on my blog. Let’s answer them.
Q. Are you saying that these are the only ten blogs worth reading?
A. I’m not saying that. There are many community blogs on the TU portal that deserve your attention; I just list ten of them. I could make this a “Twenty-Five for Thursday” feature if I felt like it.
Q. What determines the “Read This First” listing?
A. You should always start this feature with an entertaining, well-written blog post. And with that in mind, I go through the ten and see which one definitely caught my attention. And it will catch your attention as well.
Q. Why don’t you include the staff blogs in this recap?
A. The staff bloggers get their own promotion in the TU. Their blogs are featured on the TU’s Facebook page. The TU pays these staff members, and part of their job is to create blog content. They get promoted that way; I help promote the community and independent bloggers this way.
Q. How about enough of the blather and start giving me the recap, camera-boy?
A. You got it.
And this week’s blog recap includes:
- Lawrence White’s “Field of View” blog, “Of Entertainment and Photography.” (Read this first)
- Sara Rose Wheeler’s ‘Roaring Twenties” blog, “Bullying in my hometown.“
- Chad Polenz in the “Comics Multiverse” blog, “‘Let her go, pus bag!!’ / I Can’t Believe This PANEL Exists.“
- Mary Martin’s “A Good Enough Life” blog, “A peek at Buckingham Pond – er – Lake.“
- Rob Hoffman in the “Hoffman Files” blog, “I’m missing my boxscores! Curse you All-Star Game!“
- Gina Peca’s blog, “And we are never the same.“
- Stacey Morris’ health blog, “Making My Saratoga Springs Debut Friday.“
- Brian Huba’s “Cat’s Pajamas” blog, “Hero #1: The Cable Guy.“
- Carl Strock’s blog, “Nuke talk (and non-talk).“
- Jen Smith’s “Austin Ben Connor” blog, “The Wild Center.“
Hope you enjoy this week’s blog recap, and tune in again next Thursday for another trapise around the TU blogfarm!