Hey there. It’s time once again to showcase the best of the Times Union’s independent and community blogging crew. And can I tell you – there’s some super-awesome writing this week. Seriously super-awesome.
But before I do anything, I want to share something a fellow blogger did that ISN’T part of the normal blog spectrum.
Fellow TU blogger Liz Lemery Joy recently appeared on the CBN News channel, promoting her new book “How To Be Salt and Light: The Christian Guide to Voting.” Here’s a link to her interview, where she discusses her book.
Look. Not only does the Times Union have a great complement of blog writers and essayists and raconteurs … they’re also getting interviewed about their thoughts by different media outlets.
This is fun. Congrats, Liz.
Okay, now for the blogs. This week’s batch of blog brilliance includes…
- Guest blogger Keith Quackenbush in Jaye McBride’s blog, “A Tribute to Grandma Pat.” (Read this first.) (No, I mean it. Read this first.)
- Rabbi Matt Cutler’s blog, “Time to Own the Legacies of Others.“
- Michael Rivest’s blog, “Race: New Insights and a Reason to Believe.“
- Sara Rose Wheeler’s “Roaring Twenties” blog, “Soundtrack to my life: Sara Rose Wheeler.“
- Rob Hoffman’s “The Hoffman Files” blog, “The obituaries bring out the dead.“
- Jess Winans’ blog, “SNL or the 2016 Presidential Debate? I can’t tell the difference.“
- Deb Best’s “Best for Success” blog, “An artistic organization chart.“
- Sonja Stark’s “PilotGirl” blog, “A fall ride on the Ashuwillticook Rail Trail.“
- Assemblyman Jim Tedisco’s blog, “Nexus between domestic violence and animal cruelty.“
- Councilman Judd Krasher’s blog, “Basic transparency can go a long way: City of Albany 2017 Budget Part 1.“
And now, let’s check out the scores from the high school and college blogs.
- Rachell Coppollo, Middleburgh High Schoo, “Advice for high school freshmen.“
- Graciana Cox, Scotia-Glenville High School, “Places to visit in New York.“
- Sydney Roffman, Guilderland High School, “Big Truck Day fundraiser at Guilderland High School.“
- Dylan Rossiter, Maple Hill High School, “Maple Hill Boys Soccer downs Taconic Hills, stays undefeated.“
And that’s it for this week. Have a great day everybody, and enjoy the Columbus Day weekend!