Good morning everybody. It’s December 1st, or as put another way, 24 shopping days until Christmas. Did you take care of all your shopping on Black Friday? Or are you waiting to battle the crowds on Christmas Eve? Doesn’t matter … as long as you do what’s right for you.
And the thing that’s right today is to click on these blog posts by the Times Union’s crew of independent community bloggers, who write from the heart to bring you their views and ideas and thoughts.
And this week’s blog post list includes:
- Rabbi Matt Cutler’s “Congregation Gates of Heaven” blog, “Leroy’s Torah.” (Read this first.) (קראו תחילה זה.)
- Alicia Abdul in the books blog, “Putty in their hands.“
- Rob Hoffman in the “Hoffman Files” blog, “Christmas movies can teach us much.“
- Frank Robinson’s “Rational Optimist” blog, “Death with Dignity.*“
- Albany County Comptroller Michael Connors’ blog, “You’ll never guess what happened to me on the way to the Audit & Finance Committee meeting.“
- Reece T. Williams’ blog, “A belated open letter to 81 percent of White Evangelicals.“
- Megan Willis in the
East Hysteria, NYDavenport Chronicles blog, “Annnnnnnd we’re back?“
- Donna McMullen’s blog, “Why is America harboring illegal aliens?“
- Fran Rossi Szpylczyn’s “There Will Be Bread” blog, “More waiting, more motion.“
- Jaye McBride’s blog, “How not to be thankful this season.“
And now let’s see what the undergraduates have created, shall we?
- Katie Lembo in the “This is College?” blog, “Makeup must haves, from your makeup connoisseur.“
- Sydney Roffman, Guilderland High School: “Weird song mash-ups worth checking out.“
- Graciana Cox, Scotia-Glenville High School, “A must-see Netflix list for teens.“
So if you’re still shopping, remember, and you’re looking for the perfect gift… you still have at least three weeks to find it. After you read these great blog posts, of course.
Have a fantastic day, everybody!