Before I begin this week’s 7 and 7, I must take a moment to address something personally important.
The Times Union is running their annual “Best of the Capital Region” poll, where people are encouraged to vote for their favorite this or most important that. I would request people to vote for my blog as “Best Local Blogger,” except that the category was eliminated from the survey.
Oh well. Kristi Gustafson Barlette would have won it anyway. It kinda helps when you’re an employee of the company that runs the survey, and you can then afterward say, “The Times Union has the best blogger in the Capital Region,” without any hint of duplicity or conflict of interest. But then again, we all know that the survey is nothing more than a marketing attempt by Big Hearst. And God forbid that the readers vote for Olive Garden as “Best Local Italian Restaurant,” oh then Steve Barnes would suggest that we’re all knuckle-dragging troglodytes for gravitating towards chain restaurants.
Don’t care. Proud to be a knuckle-dragging troglodyte.
Ah, the WordPress “name a song, it pops up in your blog” app still works.
Okay, let’s get to the recap, shall we?
First, the lineup from the Times Union’s crew of local independent bloggers.
- Andy Gregory in the Local 518 music blog, “Your Band Doesn’t Matter in the 2018 Times Union Best of Poll.“
- Sara Rose Wheeler’s “Roaring Twenties” blog, “Reconstructing Sara.“
- Fran Rossi Szpylczyn’s “There Will Be Bread” blog, “What do we believe?“
- Nina Marinello’s blog, “To Become a Scientist.“
- Rob Hoffman’s “Hoffman Files” blog, “Improving the world of sports.“
- Jaye McBride’s blog, “#FatPresident.“
- Rabbi Matt Cutler’s “Congregation Gates of Heaven” blog, “Ummm, truth? Aren’t we all a little racist?“
And now let’s scope out the blogroll for some other goodies.
- Daniel Berman’s “FUSSYlittleBLOG” blog, “The Unconsidered.“
- Silvia Lilly’s “DelSo” blog, “What William Kennedy gave me on his 90th birthday.“
- Roger Green’s “Ramblin’ With Roger” blog, “It’s only been a year of the regime?“
- Rob Madeo’s “Keyboard Krumbs” blog, “All The Editor’s Men.“
- Stephanie Snyder’s “The Final Edit” blog, “Empire Service.“
- Carl Johnson’s Albany history blog “Hoxsie!”, “R.S.V.P. to V.R.S.P.; or, the Young Lady Didn’t Invite Him To Skate.“
- Rob Moses’ photography blog, “Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.“
So have a great day everybody, and don’t forget to vote in the Times Union best of poll. Kristi Gustafson Barlette needs your votes so she can be named Best Italian Restaurant in the Capital Region! :p