And like that … it’s over.
The Times Union finally pulled their plug on the community blog portal. Those that were still left when the blog finally ended said their goodbyes and directed people to other portals from WordPress and Medium and Wix and a few other locales. I’ll update my blogroll as necessary.
I had made arrangements with the TU to receive my last four months of blogs to import over here, and as soon as they send them to me, my archives will be complete. I re-copied as much as I could and reposted them back in the day under their original publishing dates, but the original posts would also contain the comments that you, my faithful blog readers, wrote back in the day.
I mean, if they don’t do this, I could traipse over to archive.org and try to pull each blog post, one by one, and if the TU doesn’t send me my items, I may just have to do that.
Wow. This blog has outlasted the amazing (All Over Albany) and the eventual (Times Union’s blogfarm). And Kristi Barlette thought my blog was useless and shouldn’t have existed in the first place. Feh.
But for now, it’s a new hour. Don’t be sour. Clap for your blogs that are part of my personal blogroll, and feel the power. It’s a new day, yes it is.
- BLOGS FOR LEAVING THE TIMES UNION
- BLOGS FOR HEALTH
- BLOGS FOR TASTE
- Bill Dowd’s “Notes on Napkins,” “Latest Incarnation of Arthur’s Market to open in March in Schenectady.“
- The Burnt My Fingers blog, “Recipe: Chinese Coleslaw.“
- Jon in Albany’s blog, “It Really Tweaks My Melon – Health Food Store Edition.“
- BLOGS FOR TRAVEL
- The Saratoga Woods and Waterways blog, “Blue Sky over Lake Bonita.“
- BLOGS FOR THE IMAGE
- Marc Beebe’s “Wandering Words,” “Me and my Nikon.“
- Richard Broom Photography, “The Hot End.“
- Rob Moses wedding photography blog, “Urban Moment.“
- The Lonerist photo blog, “Love.“
- The Mostly Monochrome blog, “Murto.“
- The Resurrected Camera blog, “The nephew arrives.“
- Tim Jeffers’ “Vintage Photography” blog, “Good Luck to My Home Team, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers!“
- BLOGS FOR HISTORY
- The Albany history blog “Hoxsie!”, “Albany Bicentennial Tablet No. 4 – The First Patroon.“
- Jacob Gilbert’s “The Land of Whatever,” “Citizen Pampers doesn’t want to be an actor anymore.”
- BLOGS FOR THE SCREEN
- BLOGS FOR THE WORD
- G. Jack Urso’s “Aeolus 13 Umbra” blog, “Could I Not Move Like a Clock?“
- The Pine Hills Review, “Nighttime is for Vices, by Juliet Lauren.“
- J. Eric Smith’s blog, “With Which I Am Well Pleased VI (Six Sixties).“
- Lazygal’s blog, “A Little Too Exciting.“
- Jewel-Kinch Thomas in the “Tune In to Leadership” blog, “The Intentionality of Presence.“
- The Venn Librarian blog, “Virtually There.“
- BLOGS FOR CONSCIENCE
- BLOGS FOR LIFESTYLE
- Jerry Papandrea’s “DerryX” YouTube channel, “Unboxing Masters of the WWE Universe Figures (Guest Reaction).“
- Silvia Lilly’s “DelSo” blog, “Getting Deep.“
- Oui-Liette’s blog, “Is V-Day Lame?“
Have a great day, everybody!