So every Saturday, I step aside and showcase the blogs and writings and photos of these great people on my personal blogroll. I’ve done this at least once a week on my blog, and have done so for many years.
Today, I decided to add something new.
Instead of only posting a link to these blogs …
I’m starting a new series, as part of my Saturday recap, in which I actually interview a blogger from my blogroll, ask them about their writing and photography, and just generally chat. Look, I can provide a link any day of the week (and mostly on Saturday), but wouldn’t it be nice to actually speak to these bloggers and see their faces and ask them about what inspires them?
So here’s the first example. This is an interview with blogger Daniel Nester, who operates the Pine Hills Review blog. I hope you enjoy this.
Also, if you would like to participate in a video interview (and if you’re capable of handling Zoom better than I can), click on my “Contact Chuck Miller” link and let’s set up an interview.
And now let’s get to the regular part of the Saturday blog recap – recapping the blogs. 😀
- BLOGS FOR TASTE
- Jerry Papandrea’s “DerryX” blog, “How to cook psychedelic Bang Bang shrimp.“
- The “Burnt My Fingers” blog, “Recipe: Bombay Mahal Channa Masala (vegan chickpea stew).“
- BLOGS FOR TRAVEL
- The Saratoga Woods and Waterways blog, “What’s happening at the boat launch?“
- BLOGS FOR HISTORY
- The Albany history blog “Hoxsie!”, “Albany Bicentennial Tablet No. 8 – Old St. Mary’s Church.“
- The Friends of Albany History blog, “The Mystery of the Remarkable and Audacious Dr. Mrs. Rachel C. Martin: A Women’s Suffrage Juggernaut.“
- The St. Paul’s Church blog “Grain, Once Scattered,” “”George Wm. Warren’s ‘The Andes: Marche di Bravura.’“
- BLOGS FOR THE IMAGE
- C.S. Young, Jr. photography, “Hilton Head Island, Pt. 3.“
- Tim Jeffers’ “Vintage Lens”, “Fire Hydrant of Many Colors.“
- The Mostly Monochrome blog, “Karlen.”
- The Resurrected Camera blog, “All This Equipment – Tri-X Edition.“
- The Lonerist photo blog, “Black Orchid.“
- Steve Banfield’s blog, “Wish You Were Here.“
- Richard Broom photography, “The man pulling on his rope.“
- Marc Beebe’s “Wandering Words” blog, “Mini Manual Manual.“
- BLOGS FOR THE SCREEN
- The B&S About Movies blog, “Almost Sharkproof (2021).“
- BLOGS FOR THE EARS
- The Sexting History blog, “The Stained Glass Cabinet.“
- BLOGS FOR CONSCIENCE
- Bill Dowd’s “Notes on Napkins,” “Legislature didn’t ‘strip Cuomo’s powers’ as advertised.“
- Jacob Gilbert’s “The Land of Whatever,” “In Texas, it’s all about the dolla dolla bill, y’all.“
- Greg Thomas’ “Tune In to Leadership” blog, “Wynton Marsalis: Acquisition of Power and Agency.“
- The Audacious Living podcast, “Tomorrow Will Be a Good Day!“
- BLOGS FOR THE WORD
- G. Jack Urso’s “Aeolus 13 Umbra” blog, “Rhizome Poem Moan.“
- The Pine Hills Review, “You Ain’t Shit by Courtney LeBlanc.“
- J. Eric Smith’s blog, “Favorite Songs by Favorite Artists (Pt. 2): First Aid Kit.“
- BLOGS FOR LIFESTYLE
- Aaron Bush’s blog “Aaron Knits,” “Procrastination.“
- The Capital District Fun blog, “Optimism.“
- Roger Green’s “Ramblin’ with Roger,” “I remember what I owe.“
- Lazygal’s “Killin’ Time Being Lazy,” “Chapter Four.“
- Silvia Lilly’s “DelSo” blog, “New York Speaks To Me.“
Have a great weekend, everybody!
Hi, Daniel Nester! Good to see you. I live in the Pine Hills. I suppose at some point, I should write something about it.
Hey, Chuck. Thanks, more than ever, for pingin’ this review for Almost Sharkproof. The word really needs to get out on this film. They really broke their backs to get it made and it took forever to find distribution. It truly is a solid film that, I believe, your readers will enjoy. Thanks, again. (Secret: A special, exclusive secret for Chuck the Writer readers only: there’s a free-with-ads stream of the film on Tubi.)
Like the interview with Nester. I look forward to more Zoomterviews! I like what he said how our blogs are like our own publications. That’s always how I viewed my blog.
Comments are closed.