What, you thought I was going to take Thanksgiving off? Heck no. I figured that if you’re busy reading this blog, you’re either waiting for the turkey to finish cooking, or for the relatives to arrive, or the Macy’s Parade to start. So if I can bring you ten quality blog posts by ten quality Times Union community bloggers, then I’ve done my Thanksgiving duties at this point in time.
So while the turkey is cooking, while the parade is lining up, and while I’m standing in line waiting to deliver those turkey dinners for Equinox…
Here’s ten great blog posts by ten great community bloggers. This week’s cornucopia of goodness includes:
- Sonja Stark’s “PilotGirl” blog, “Exploring Vermont’s kissing bridges.“
- Jaye McBride in the Comedy blog, “No Thanksgiving plans? Absolutely not!“
- David Kalish’s “The Ruminator” blog, “Flying the unfriendly skies.“
- Brian Huba’s ‘The Cat’s Pajamas” blog, “Turkey day at the picture show.“
- Rabbi Matt Cutler’s “Congregation Gates of Heaven” blog, “Reclaim Thanksgiving as THE national holiday.“
- Ken Screven’s blog, “Pray for Ferguson.“
- Jody Diehl’s dog training blog, “Giving Thanks for Dogs.”
- Casey Polomaine in the “30 Love” blog, “Thankful.“
- Assemblyman Angelo Santabarbara’s blog, “Rotterdam Watch: A Neighborhood Comes Together!“
- Mary Martin’s “A Good Enough Life” blog, “Thanksgiving Past.“
And there you have it. You know what I’m thankful for on this day? Community bloggers who can craft wonderful and intriguing blog posts like these.
And I’m also thankful for you – the readers of this blog – who appreciate what these community bloggers do every day.
Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you’re spending it with the ones you love.