So today is a very special day. It’s a day for wearing green.
Okay, this means that if I can use my woods and irons judiciously, and with a little practice… one quick trip to Augusta, a lucky ricochet bounce off the Eisenhower Tree, and Tiger Woods puts that green jacket on my shoulders…
Yeah, yeah, I know. And the alarm clock goes off.
Doesn’t matter. Today is St. Patrick’s Day, and with that comes the traditional wearing of the green, the eating of corned beef and cabbage, and the donning of T-shirts with slogans like “Kiss Me I’m Irish” and “I’m looking over / a three leaf clover / that I overlooked be-three…”
Yeah. Funny stuff.
Anyways, you didn’t come to today’s blog to read my bad St. Patrick’s Day jokes. So let’s get to the TRUE reason why you’re here.
Oh wait. I just have to make one little adjustment.
There. That’s better. I mean, it is St. Patrick’s Day and all…
So this week’s batch of blog goodness includes:
- Nina Marinello’s blog, “Do obituaries speak to you?” (Read this first.)
- Michael Rivest’s blog, “Mass incarceration: left and right should stand together.“
- Caitlyn Bonniwell’s post in the High School blog, “New Visions alumni landed dream job as sports reporter.“
- Liz Lemery Joy’s “Joy In These Days” blog, “Christians and the 2016 elections.“
- Jessica Serfilippi in the Animal Rights blog, “Deer hunting in Delmar.“
- Sonja Stark’s “PilotGirl” blog, “Author David Schryver of Waterfalls of New York State.“
- David Kalish’s “The Ruminator” blog, “My dog was nearly beamed up by a UFO, and other wondrous events.“
- Brian Huba’s “Cat’s Pajamas” blog, “This is going to end badly.“
- Rob Hoffman’s “Hoffman Files” blog, “Vote for me, oh, and buy my crap.“
- Assemblyman Jim Tedisco’s blog, “April Fool’s Day comes early with Assembly’s ethics plan.“
- Sara Rose Wheeler’s “Roaring Twenties” blog, “A sudden said realization.“
- Mary Martin’s “A Good Enough Life” blog, “What the day brings.“
- Rabbi Matt Cutler’s blog, “Let’s save the world … or just one life by reducing gun violence.“
- Lisbeth Calandrino’s “Success” blog, “Can Meditation be the Real Secret for Success?“
- Aaron Bush in the “Fiber Arts” blog, “Balanced, or full of lies?“
Everybody have a great day today!