Man, will this super-hot summer heat wave end?
Yes, six months from now I’ll probably post one of these and ask … “Man, will this super-cold winter end?”
It’s called balance.
Balance also means that you have time to enjoy some great independent blogs by the Times Union’s crew of community bloggers. These are the bloggers who really deserve your consideration and support. Read their stuff and enjoy.
And this week’s super-hot summer reading list includes…
- Riley, guest-posting on Heather Fazio’s blog, “A girl and her python.” (Read this first.)
- Jen Smith’s “Austin Ben Connor” blog, “All our sweetest hours fly fastest. – Virgil.“
- Rob Hoffman’s “Hoffman Files” blog, “The Godfather, forever in our hearts, and on our television.“
- Brad Shear’s Mohawk Hudson Humane Society blog, “Make pet adoption easy, cheap.“
- Sara Rose Wheeler’s “Roaring Twenties” blog, “Roast Yourself Challenge.“
- Rabbi Matt Cutler’s blog, “These are MY Catskill memories.“
- Jessica Winans’ “This is College?” blog, “Open Letter: to my seven-year-old self.“
- Councilman Judd Krasher’s blog, “Red light cameras – stick a fork in them.“
- ARK, guest-posting in the Transgender blog, “A young man’s ‘I Have a Dream’ speech.“
- Assemblyman John T. McDonald III’s blog, “Shots are not just for kids!“
A great batch this week, especially with a couple of guest posters. Have a great day, everybody, and stay cool! (or in six months, stay warm!)