Yeah, I’m still bummed. Because of my broken ankle and the “no weight bearing” requirements on it, I can’t participate in Trivia Bowl today. I also can’t participate in the Patroons’ opening night. This sucks quail eggs.
However, I’ll still be a part of Trivia Bowl – instead of answering the questions, I can tell you that some of the questions for Trivia Bowl were written by me. I sent them to host Kevin Baker a few days ago, and last night he told me that he used most of them as part of this year’s tournament. So I’m there in spirit. I guess.
And as for the Patroons, I won’t be there tonight, but I will move heaven and earth to be there for the team’s next home game on February 14. At least that’s the plan.
But that’s my update. Now it’s time for the update in which I recap the blog posts and images from this week’s harvest of my blogroll. There’s a couple of new bloggers on the blogroll, so I hope you enjoy.
BLOGS FOR TASTE
- The Burnt My Fingers blog, “Hot and Not at the 2020 Winter Fancy Food Show.“
BLOGS FOR TRAVEL
- The Saratoga Woods and Waterways blog, “Looking for Inspiration.“
- Joe Geronimo’s “Adirondack Joe” blog, “Lake Colby.“
- Oui-Liette’s blog, “How to not get sick on a germ-infested airplane.“
BLOGS FOR HISTORY
- The PlanetAlbany blog, “‘Ben Butler’ in Albany.“
BLOGS FOR THE IMAGE
- Marc Beebe’s “Wandering Words” blog, “Dialing it In.“
- Richard Broom Photography, “The Newshound.“
- Rob Moses’ photography blog, “Over That Hill.“
- The Lonerist photo blog, “Back to analogue Pt. 10 (Building).“
- The Mostly Monochrome blog, “Fun Fair.“
- The Resurrected Camera blog, “Aspen in the Sun.“
- Tim Jeffers’ Vintage Lens blog, “Gold Coast Railway Museum.“
BLOGS FOR THE WORD
- Silvia Lilly’s “DelSo” blog, “The cost of Free Lunch.“
- Alexis Ryder’s “Stories I’ve Never Told,” “The Balance.“
- Lydia Rae Bush’s “Alphabet Ravine,” “Lessons on How To Be Okay.“
- Meena Walia’s blog, “Love.“
BLOGS FOR LIFESTYLE
- The Cairns and Carrots blog, “Knee Injury Recovery Log #2.“
- Rob Hoffman’s “Hoffman Files,” “Rooting for the Laundry … With Prejudice!“
- Daniel Jeanson in the “Girl Gone Smart” portal, “Girl Gone Planning: Axes Away in Albany.“
- Court is Here, “You’re depressed, dummy.“
- J. Eric Smith’s blog, “Screening the Teens: The 25 Best Films of 2010-2019.“
BLOGS FOR CONSCIENCE
- Roger Green’s “Ramblin’ with Roger,” “Kobe Bryant: When the Famous Die.“
Have a great weekend, everybody!