I woke up. Clock says 5:00 A.M. My body is still on Daylight Saving Time, so it’s 6:00 A.M. for me.
Showered, dressed, and went out to vote.
Stopped first at a Dunkin’ Donuts, and picked up two boxes of fancies. They’re not for me, they’re for the poll workers. They’re going to be there for a while, the least I could do is provide them with some snacks.
They handed me a ballot and a ballpoint. I voted. Put my vote in the machine. Machine scanned my ballot, all is good.
The nice lady gave me a sticker.
Now I’m back home, taking care of a few minor matters.
And then I’m disappearing from all social media.
No, seriously. No tweets, no instagrams, not even an errant MySpace post.
Because I just can’t go through the day worrying about who’s going to win the Presidential election. Or who’s going to win the downballot elections.
I need a breather. I’ve dealt with four years of this madness and I want it to stop right now.
First, I’ll vote. Then I’m going on a 24-hour silence.
I have to.
I need a break from all of this. I need a break from this craziness.
Those of my friends who have my cell phone number … please don’t text me on Tuesday. I don’t care if you want to tell me this person won, or that person won. Phone’s going on silent, too.
So what can I do on a 24-hour blackout?
I dunno. Maybe there’s a Netflix show I can binge. I’ve been hearing good things about some drama about a kid who plays chess.
I can record a brand new episode of my WHCL radio show. So what if I’m three weeks ahead in my broadcasts? Who’s keeping score? It ain’t “work” if you’re having fun, amirite? Also, I got my WHCL T-shirt, it fits great and looks awesome. 😀
There’s so much I can do right now. But I can’t sit there chomping my nails and watching MSNBC all day and night.
So if you’ll pardon me … Chuck’s going “Howard Hughes” for 24 hours.
Now I certainly will make exceptions to the 24-hour blackout rule, but these – AND ONLY THESE – are acceptable exceptions. And they better be true.
- Somebody convinces Lynda Carter to show up at my front door, with her dressed up in her star-spangled Wonder Woman gear and carrying her golden lasso.
- Somebody finds the Answers Please episode that shows Street Academy pummeling Albany Academy from March 1981. Alternatively, I’ll accept the episode where Street Academy decimates St. Mary’s of Hoosick Falls two weeks later. VHS, Beta or 3/4″ tape. I’m not fussy.
- Somebody offers me an ownership share in any of the following trotters or pacers at Saratoga Harness – Mugshots Bro, Ten Million, Winter Mint, J S Peyton, Pound Sterling or Da Boogie Man.
- Rocky Mountain Film Lab finally sends me the developed film that I shipped them in 2010.
- Bottle Service, the web series, finally airs. That’s only been about what, nine years since I appeared in it?
In other words, simple requests. If any of those happen today, I’ll come back to life.
If you make a blog comment on this blog and it isn’t immediately approved, fret not. The blog bot will either automatically approve it, or I’ll approve it once I get out of exile on Wednesday.
By tomorrow, this election situation will clear up. Because right now, it’s as clear as mud.
If you’ve already voted, thank you for participating in democracy.
If you haven’t voted yet, but are doing so today, thank you in advance for participating in democracy.
If you haven’t voted and don’t plan to vote, bro, I got nothing for you.
So for now, I leave you with the old Greek greeting of SYOTOS.
SYOTOS = See You On The Other Side.
Nice blog and interesting articles👍👍
Comments are closed.