What a year. Competition Season 2022. A train chase. And a whole lot of other fun things mixed in.
So in the spirit of the holidays … let’s recap what happened in the past twelve months.
- 10. For the first time in a major trivia tournament, I went in as a solo competitor (really, because of COVID-19 restrictions). So yeah, if I had won Trivia Bowl XVII, it would have been epic. But I did well for a one-man team.
- 9. After 40 years, I finally received an apology from one of my college professors – because he used one of my young grammatical inconsistencies as a cudgel in his classes for the last four decades.
- 8. I now own a Chevrolet Volt Premier that gets incredible mileage and plenty of go-go electric spark. Say hello to Lightning’s Girl.
- 7. The Albany Patroons went on an incredible undefeated home win streak, beating everyone at the Armory until the final game of the TBL championship. What an incredible run.
- 6. After a few years on a COVID-19-enforced hiatus, the Canadian Pacific Holiday Train traveled through North America. And for the first time in three years … I got lots of pics.
- 5. A trip to Onondaga County scored an incredible lunar eclipse panorama, that would later be renamed “The View From Screven County” in honor of my good friend, WRGB reporter Ken Screven.
- 4. Charles Miller no longer exists. It’s Chuck Miller – officially, now and forever.
- 3. I made a rug. I made it out of the image from an old postcard and hundreds of thousands of cut yarn, pulled into a canvas one strand at a time. But it was worth it.
- 2. Attended my first-ever All Elite Wrestling live show – and got in a photo with the eventual AEW tag team champions, The Acclaimed. YO. LISTEN. YO.
- 1. Competition Season 2022 was my best ever. Blue ribbons nearly everywhere, from Iowa, to Syracuse, to Springfield and Durham. Oh yeah, and a gallery participation in New Jersey, as the cherry on top of the sundae.
And what’s the plan for 2023? More blogging, of course.
Of course. This is the Chuck The Writer portal.
Entertaining readers once a day with new content since 2009. 😀