You know, the Times Union is running their annual “Best of the Capital Region” survey, in which you can vote for Olive Garden as “Best Italian Restaurant,” Subway as “Best Local Sandwich Shop,” and that woman from the Olde Wicker Mill commercials as “Best Local Personality.”
Okay, all kidding aside…
One of the categories in the survey is “Best Local Blogger.” And I want you to consider something. The Times Union has a ton of local community and independent bloggers who give their time and talent every week to provide you with amazing articles and well-written stories and provocative observations.
If you have a chance, give an independent community blogger your vote. They deserve it.
You want some examples of the local talent who deserve your consideration in this poll?
Start with these ten bloggers and go from there. Including this week:
- Jim Shahen’s “Life and Other Things” blog, “Running the Gamut of Emotions at the Birth of Baby 2.” (Read this first) (Congratulations!) (Mazel Tov!) (Hallelujah!)
- Nina Marinello’s blog, “How do ou say no to a hot bagel? Day 1.“
- David Kalish’s “The Ruminator” blog, “The secret romance of Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.“
- Jessica Serfilippi’s “Animal Rights” blog, “To the goats I can’t save on River Road.“
- Renate Hartman in the “Transgender Talk” blog, “Shame on you shame on me.“
- Frank Robinson’s “Rational Optimist” blog, “Amartya Sen: Development as Freedom.“
- Aaron Bush in the “Fiber Arts” blog, “Programs and Workshops and Classes! Oh My!“
- Fran Rossi Szpylczyn’s “There Will Be Bread” blog, “Mixed messages.“
- Liz Lemery Joy’s “Joy In These Days” blog, “It’s the Christians fault our country is in such a mess.“
- Rob Hoffman in the “Hoffman Files” blog, “Political correctness can’t stifle Archie Bunker.“
- Sara Rose Wheeler’s “Roaring Twenties” blog, “My first period.“
- Brian Huba’s “Cat’s Pajamas” blog, “The gluten-free scam.“
- Mary Martin’s “A Good Enough Life” blog, “Here, kitty, kitty, kitty…“
- Walter Ayres’ “Faith in the Public Square” blog, “Following Up.“
- Jaye McBride in the Comedy blog, “Anti-anti-slut shaming.“
And there you have it. Ten great blogs by ten great Times Union community bloggers. (wink) And all of them deserve your consideration in the category of “Best Blogger.”
And there’s a ton of other community and independent bloggers in the TU blog portal that deserve your attention. Just do me a favor and consider voting for a blogger who contributes each week, writes articles and posts that make you smile and think and enjoy.
Have a great day, everyone!