I want to share this with all of you, especially if you live in the Capital District and have the ability to paint, sculpt, draw, photograph, or create.
The Thacher Park Nature Center is hosting its 15th annual Nature Art Show, and they’re calling for art. The show will run from March 10th to the 28th, and the submission information is listed below.
If you haven’t entered your work in this show, I can tell you it’s definitely a fun event and worth your time.
The Call for Art information is listed below. Hope to see you at the event!
15th Annual Nature Art Show at Thacher Nature Center
Saturday, March 10th – Wednesday, March 28th, 2018
The Nature Art Show is an annual exhibit for local artists to showcase their work. Original works of nature based subjects, excluding people and buildings, are selected that demonstrate the following:
- Aesthetic qualities, including composition
- A broad representation of artistry with consideration of: unique viewpoint, technique, or medium
Submission deadline: Thursday, February 1, 2018
- Maximum of four pieces may be submitted for consideration.
- Photographs of each piece should be e-mailed with completed application form to Laurel.Tormey-Cole@parks.ny.gov; Megan.Mansfield@parks.ny.gov
- A maximum of three pieces from each artist may be selected.
- Eachpiece of artwork must be labeled, framed or mounted in a professional manner, and ready to be hung (necessary hooks / wires).
Notification: Artists will receive e-mail notification of acceptance or rejection by February 14th.
Fee: $15.00 entry per person will be elected when work is dropped off. Make checks payable to Natural Heritage Trust (NHT).
Drop-off Dates: All accepted artwork must be dropped off at Thacher Nature Center between Tuesday, February 27th and Sunday, March 4, 9am-5pm. Please note: the center is closed Mondays.
- All artwork must be picked up by the artist between Thursday, March 29 through Saturday, March 31.
- If you are not able to pick up your work on those days, please make arrangements with a friend or associate to pick up your work for you. Notify staff of these arrangements in advance, as no work will be released to alternates without prior notice.
- The Artists Reception will be held on Saturday, March 10th, 1p-4p. Please bring family and friends and join us as we celebrate the artistry and vibrant art community of our region.
Questions or additional information:
- (518) 872-0800
- email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also call or e-mail for the artist submission form.
Hope to see you and your works at the event!