So … a few things.
As you know, every Saturday I step aside from my blogging, and showcase the blogs and photos of those bloggers and photographers that populate my personal blogroll.
However, this week I’ve removed a few people from that list. And I have my reasons.
First, if you haven’t updated your blog in 18 months … I can safely assume that you’re no longer blogging, or you’re dead. If it’s the latter, thoughts and prayers. If it’s the former, well, hey, whenever you blog is on your own schedule. When you blog again, I’ll welcome you back.
Second, if I find out that your blog doubles as an advertising platform – whether you tout some great product in your blog and disguise it as a “honest review” blog post, you’re not welcome on my blogroll. Writing blogs like that – without it being disclosed as an advert, or delineating that you did not receive funds or services in exchange for a positive review – is considered deceptive advertising, and I have no place for it here.
Third, I am limiting the number of bloggers that post their materials on the Times Union’s site. Some bloggers, like Fran Rossi Szpylczyn and Roger Green, post their content on their personal blogs, which I link to. The only other bloggers whom I directly link to from the TU are Robert Hoffman, David Kalish and Lawrence White. This is because of the TU’s invasive pop-up advertisements (which, if you’re not using an adblocker, can cause some issues with your own personal web browser).
Look, I don’t want to remove any blogs from my blogroll. But things evolve. Some people change their blogging subjects. Others decrease their blogging output. And as much as I want to showcase what my fellow bloggers are doing, sometimes I just need to clean the blogroll and welcome new talent in. Which I do hope you understand and enjoy.
Okay, I’m getting off my soapbox now.
Let’s get to the blogroll, shall we?
BLOGS FOR CONSCIENCE
- Rob Hoffman in the “Hoffman Files,” “Is 2020 the Best at Being Worst?“
- G. Jack Urso’s “Aeolus 13 Umbra” blog, “The facts are plain.“
- Heather Fazio in the “Girl Gone Smart” blog, “Girl Gone Smart: Uncomfortable? Good. (Language Warning.)“
BLOGS FOR TASTE
- Bill Dowd’s “Notes on Napkins” blog, “One More Try at Making it Work on Troy’s Oakwood Avenue.“
- The “Burnt My Fingers” blog, “Recipe: MaryLou Whitney Cheese Wafers.“
BLOGS FOR TRAVEL
- The Saratoga Woods and Waterways blog, “Pyramid Lake, Loved but Off-Limits This Year.“
BLOGS FOR THE SCREEN
- The B&S About Movies blog, “The Legend of Hell House (1973).“
BLOGS FOR THE IMAGE
- Marc Beebe’s “Wandering Words” blog, “Another Round.“
- Richard Broom Photography, “The Disappointed Dog.“
- Rob Moses Photography, “Okanagan Centre.“
- The Lonerist Photo Blog, “The Lucky Club.“
- The Mostly Monochrome blog, “Towers.“
- The Resurrected Camera blog, “Will I Ever Find the Perfect Compact Camera?“
- Tim Jeffers’ “Vintage Lens” blog, “These are some Holmes Stereoview cards that I have made.“
BLOGS FOR HISTORY
- The St. Paul’s Church in Albany blog “Grain, Once Scattered,” “Memorial Day 2020.“
BLOGS FOR THE WORD
- The Pine Hills Review blog, “Two Poems by Suzanne Frischkorn.“
- Meena Walia’s blog, “Self-Contempt.“
- Jewel Kinch-Thomas in the “Tune Into Leadership” blog, “Reimagining the Arts at Carnegie with Anna Weber.“
BLOGS FOR HEALTH
- Roger Green’s “Ramblin’ with Roger” blog, “Need a tetanus shot this year.“
- Silvia Lilly in the DelSo blog, “Sheltering in Place with Jeter.“
- J. Eric Smith’s blog, “A Modest Proposal: Halve the Full Grassley.“
BLOGS FOR LIFESTYLE
- The Capital Region Fun blog, “Being a Stylist.“
- Silvia Lilly in the CivMix blog, “Tending.“
- Richard Nacy Warner in the Nacy Warner Associates blog, “I Couldn’t Self-Care Less.“
- Alexis Ryder’s “Stories I’ve Never Told,” “The Faces.“
- Lazygal’s “Killin’ Time Being Lazy” blog, “Imponderables (Sunday Morning edition).“
- The Oui-Liette blog, “At Home with Stacy and Liette (me), Fancy Pastries.“
Have a great weekend, everybody!