Normally at this point in time, I’d complain about running out of some esoteric color and having to work around it while another color shipment from Herrschner’s came through the mail.
Well, this time the problem wasn’t my yarn.
It was my hook.
More specifically, the hook itself broke in two. The metal rod pulled right out of the handle.
Which is expected, considering these hooks weren’t exactly designed for crafting, but more for braiding hair.
Luckily, I had a spare hook, but now I have to be careful. Don’t pull every strand through the canvas like you’re pulling an anchor out of the bottom of the ocean, Miller. Just work with what you’ve got.
And with that, there’s been some progress.
I can at least confirm that two of the four borders are complete, and that I’ve turned the corner on the top left border. So there’s that.
Yep, that little turn means I’ve at least completed the left side of the canvas. It’s not much, but it’s progress nonetheless.
I also added a major chunk in the center left, completing enough to reveal some of the facade of the NEBA side of the eatery.
So here’s how far I’ve gotten, and you can compare last week’s efforts to this week’s completion. Thanks to the wonders of WordPress, you can see the progress by sliding the slider left and right.
Okay, now for the “square a day” progress report. Every blue-bordered square on the canvas equals 100 yarns. And I’m equating my progress with this goal. Every day, clear at least one 100-yarn square. If you clear two 100-yarn squares, you’ve improved your target goal by a day.
As of March 27, last week’s blog post, doing one blue-squared area per day would set my final target at February 12, 2023.
After last week’s output, it looks like my target got pushed to January 20, 2023.
It’s still going to be a tight race to get to BUILT in early November, so I’d better get cracking on this.
As long as I don’t break another hook or run out of some esoteric color like … oh crap, I need some pale pink strands. Pale pink. Not just pink, it’s gotta be pale pink.
Time for another Herrschner’s order. Oh well…