Attention all artists in the Capital Region. Have you ever painted a nature scene? Have you ever captured that awesome photo of a bird in flight? Have you taken something from the world outside and made it a gem inside?
Here’s your chance to display it.
The Thacher Nature Center at Thacher Park will host their 17th annual Nature Art Show in March (7th through 25th), and they’re looking for submissions.
Here’s the press release for the event.
The Nature Art Show is an annual exhibit for local artists to showcase their work. Original works of nature based subjects, excluding people and buildings, are selected that demonstrate the following:
- Aesthetic qualities, including composition
- A broad representation of artistry with consideration of: unique viewpoint, technique, or medium
Submission Deadline: Saturday, February 1, 2020
- Maximum of 4 pieces may be submitted for consideration.
- Photographs of each piece should be emailed with completed application form to: Laurel.Tormey-Cole@parks.ny.gov.
- A maximum of 3 pieces from each artist may be selected.
- Each piece of artwork must be labelled, framed or mounted in a professional manner, and ready to be hung (necessary hooks/wires).
Notification: Artists will receive email notification of acceptance or rejection by February 12.
Fee: $15.00 entry fee per person will be collected when work is dropped off. Make checks payable to: Natural Heritage Trust (NHT).
Drop Off Dates:
- All accepted artwork must be dropped off at Thacher Nature Center between Tuesday, February 25th and Sunday, March 1st, 9am – 5pm. Please note: the center is closed Mondays.
Pick Up Dates:
- All artwork must be picked up by the artist between Thursday, March 26th thru Sunday, March 29th.
- If you are not able to pick up your work on these days, please make arrangements with a friend or associate to pick up your work for you. Notify staff of these arrangements in advance, as no work will be released to alternates without prior notice.
- The Artists Reception will be held on Saturday, March 7, 1-4:00pm. Please bring family and friends and join us as we celebrate the artistry and vibrant art community of our region.
Questions or Additional Information:
This is involving nature. Man-made structures should not be in the picture, so no shots of buildings or bridges or the like.
I’m definitely entering this show – and I hope you do as well. You can call the phone number or send an e-mail for the submission form and any other questions you have about the event.
Definitely something to consider!